||Enjoy the flavor of Kansas pecans direct from our orchard!
Where to Find Us
Varieties and Prices
Jake Creek Pecans
Health Benefits of Pecans
- According to the National Pecan Shellers Association, research has confirmed that pecans can be a healthy
addition to your diet.
- Eating about a handful of pecans each day may protect the nervous system, according to a new animal
study published in Current Topics in Nutraceutical Research. Pecans may delay the progression
of age-related motor neuron degeneration of diseases like amyotropic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Parkinson's.
- Pecans are loaded with natural antioxidants, namely Vitamin E and selenium.
Eating pecans help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels in the body.
- It is suggested that eating pecans on a regular basis reduces the risk of developing diabetes
- Despite the high calorie count, pecans are prescribed in weight loss diet programs. This is because
they boost the body's metabolism and help shed calories.
- Pecans are an excellent source of protein and can be substituted for meat, poultry, or fish in a healthy diet,
according to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines.
Jake Creek Pecans      11469 W 335th St,
Paola KS 66071      (913) 406-2501
Updated: May 31, 2016