||Enjoy the flavor of Kansas pecans direct from our orchard!
Where to Find Us
Varieties and Prices
Jake Creek Pecans
By following a few simple storage tips, pecans can be enjoyed all year round:
- When refrigerated or kept in a cool dry place, pecans in their shell will keep for 6 to 12 months.
- Cracked pecans will keep their golden color for 1 to 2 months.
- Even though they may discolor, they often retain their great taste for several more weeks.
- When kept in a refrigerator, shelled pecans will keep for about 9 months.
- Shelled pecans will last up to 2 years when frozen.
- Shelled pecans will not lose their taste when frozen because of their high oil content.
- When storing pecans in a freezer, place them in a sealed plastic bag or container.
- Pecans can be thawed and re-frozen repeatedly during the 2-year freezing period, if you remember to
thaw them in the refrigerator and avoid warm temperatures.
- Always keep pecans in an airtight container because their high oil content makes them prone to absorbing odors from things stored with them.
- After removal from cold storage, pecans will stay good for an additional 2 months.
Jake Creek Pecans      11469 W 335th St,
Paola KS 66071      (913) 406-2501
Updated: August 6, 2011